Monday 16 January 2012

Almost a sub 30 round the Culdrose Triangle

I ran at race pace today around the Culdrose Triangle which is an undulating 5 mile run around the outskirts of Culdrose Naval base.

They always say if you break the 30 minute barrier then you are going some....

Well my PB for the route is 28 mins 41 secs which I achieved at the tender age of 18.  Now almost 38 and 3.5 stone heavier I still see this as a challenge.

In 2008 I managed to break 30 mins and come home in a time of 29 mins 48 secs.  I have never managed it since.

I timed on run in the tail end of 2011 and recorded a time of 32 mins 11 secs which was pleasing.  So with all the marathon training I'd thought I would give it another shot. 

So I ran it today and came in at 30 mins 3 secs.  To say I was gutted would be an understatement but I was happy with the time.  It just goes to show how far my training has come on!

I also ran 10 miles on the treadmill yesterday afternoon @ 8 min/mile which probably didn't help my cause today.

So overall I have been pleased with my training!

The new trainers have been broken in and are fantastic!

I'm still awaiting a time for my Sainsbury's Treadmill Challenge which I should find out tomorrow morning.

Also I have been in touch with a lady called Amy Caldwell who runs all the PR and media for the SouthWest and she is going to put out a press release about me and my fundraising efforts which will be great.

Well that's enough for me.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DreamHost promotional codes