Monday 18 July 2011

Almost Ready For Culdrose Airday Marathon Challenge

Well I'm supposed to be on leave at the moment but I had to go into work today for a dentist check up.  After my appointment I popped into the squadron to find out where the RNLI stand was going.  I spoke to my Divisional Officer who is part of the 771 team setting up the Search & Rescue display and he reminded me I needed a risk assessment for my treadmill run.  I completely missed this, oops thanks Health & Safety 1974....


My Divisional Officer kindly filed the correct form for me so everything is above board.


He also spoke to the Airday organiser who told him I have to do my marathon run outside which is a pain in the ass with the weather forecast!  Electrical treadmill outside.  Will probably have to do that risk assessment again :-(


Luckily for me Dave Nicoll (Falmouth Lifeboats Fundraiser) has a gazebo that I can shelter under if this dodgy weather persists.


So I decided no training for the next two days to prepare myself for the challenge!







The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea

PLEASE SPONSOR ME 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DreamHost promotional codes