Tuesday 19 July 2011

The Night Before Culdrose Airday

Well last minute preps did not go well this afternoon.  Took my trailer down to the gym to borrow one of their decent treadmills and they are huge.  Having only had a week to plan for this fundraiser I have not had time to book a forklift and flatbed.  So it's lucky the squadron has one I can use.  It's a bit worn and well used and the belt slips a bit but hey it adds to the challenge.


Thanks to Thommo and Macca my manpower who help me lift and shift the treadmill to the RNLI stand.  


Met Dave Nicoll for the first time today.  He's a nice chap.  He is the Falmouth RNLI fundraiser.  


I plan to meet him and his team at 7 A.M. tomorrow to help them set up the stands and gazebo's.  


I'm just setting up my playlist for my Ipod as it's going to be a long day :-)  Quite a bit of U2, Baesment Jaxx & Black Eyed Peas.  Oh and how could I forget the Rocky soundtrack hehehe!


Stopped off at Asda and picked up some banana's and jelly beans to keep me going....


Well I'm going to ask my wife for a rub down (I know what the answer will be).


I hope to see you all at Airday tomorrow!  Please come and show your support for me and the RNLI.  We will either be inside C2 hangar or outside next to the static displays.  The venue won't be sorted until tomorrow, it's a power supply issue.


See you tomorrow!





The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea



0 comments:

Post a Comment

DreamHost promotional codes