Friday 15 July 2011

Double Session, Now I'm Knackered

Well I dropped my daughter at pre-school yesterday and went for another coastal run which included Pendenis Point.  It was hard work as the temp must have been in the 20's.  Got round in about 50 mins which is quite good.


Thursday was also the first football training session of the new season.  I play for Mawnan Smith who play in the newly merged Trelawney League.  It's going to be a very competative league this year and I personally believe that no-one will run away with it.  Back to training, we had a very good turn out.  At least 35 people for the two teams.


The first team manager Greg Renfree did a very good job on setting out the stations for our workouts.  I took the warm up followed by a mini circuit which included press ups, squats and a very good abs session involving  a piece of 4 x 2 a.k.a. The Plank.


We did quite a bit of shuttle running and a lot of passing exercises.  All in all it was a good hard training session.


I'm absolutely shattered now though.  I have not trained today.


Spoke to Dave Nicoll (Falmouth RNLI Fundraiser) about Airday.  It seems everything is falling into place.


I ordered some proper running socks as well - Nike Elite Run Stab 2.0 Cushion Quarter Socks.  I'm hoping these don't give me blisters or I'm in for a painful day on Wed.


My SIS Isotonic gels arrived yesterday.  You are supposed to take one of these every 20 - 30 mins.  Never had these before but then I have never really replenished my body during a run.  Well I have never ran as far as 13 miles before.  Wednesday will be a learning curve even on a treadmill.
 


The RNLI is the charity that saves lives at sea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DreamHost promotional codes